[An] ingenious solution to widespread book shortages in the developing world [… The House] congratulates Paperight and encourages publishers to register with Paperight in making their works accessible to all.—The Parliament of South Africa, 28 Feb 2013
This is genius. This is important. This is innovation in publishing.—Kassia Krozser, Booksquare
Disruptive innovation [that’s] both forehead-slappingly obvious and totally brilliant.—Dan Eldridge, TeleRead
[One of] 13 South African start-ups to look out for in 2013—Ventureburn
[One of] 10 African tech startups you need to know—CNN
“[Paperight’s potential] impact is huge … it can become a global innovation that solves an inherent problem in how to produce material in a mass way, but in a distributed fashion.”—William Mzimba, CEO of Accenture South Africa
Paperight has been covered by dozens of media outlets, including Forbes, Paid Content, Publishers Weekly, Daily Maverick, Rapport, You, Huisgenoot, the Mail & Guardian, Brainstorm, Fair Lady, the Daily Sun, and Seventeen magazine. We’ve also appeared on CNBC Africa, SAfm radio, and Hectic Nine-9 on SABC2.
In 2012 we received an Innovation Award seed grant from the SAB Foundation. And in 2013, we won Most Entrepreneurial Startup at Tools of Change for Publishing in New York (and were congratulated publicly by the South African Parliament), the Digital Minds Innovation Award at the London Book Fair, and Best Startup at CONTEC at the Frankfurt Book Fair. And we won the Apex Award for the most innovative small company at the 2013 Accenture Innovation Awards.
For media enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELECTED Media highlights:
- Alliance Lab, 30 April 2013, “New publishing models from the South: the case of Paperight”.
- Mail & Guardian, 6 July 2012, “No textbooks? I’ll print them for you…”
- Daily Dispatch, 14 November 2012, “Engineer guides matrics to better results”.
- Nal’ibali, 9 January 2013, “Paperight: Creating bookshops”.
- Forbes Business, 28 February 2013, “The Future For Bookshops Is To Pave The Cowpaths”.
- CNBC Africa, 2 March 2013, “Paperight wins prestigious publishing award”.